Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Passing on my love for books

I have always been a bookworm for as long as I could remember. Reading was my favorite pastime . And that is something that I am hoping to past on to my children . I could and still can spend countless hours being lost in a bookstore and end up spending hundreds of dollars on books without a second thought. One year for my birthday I actually spent all my birthday money on books. Going to the library checking out books , I think I was probably the only child in the neighborhood with bookshelves of books instead of toys. My childhood consist of the Sweet Valley series (kids, twins, and high) , the babysitter's club series (including the little sister series) Goosebumps, fear street, sideways stories from wayside school, Shel Silverstein books, boxcar children and many more. And now at I am a mother I can't wait to introduce my old favorites to my children. Right now we are discovering Dr. Seuss. And I think next year we will start on The Berenstain Bears. My Baby was just a few days old when I started reading to him. And now with the new technology , he sometimes prefers that the iPad read us the story instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are sent to the blog owner and awaits approval before publishing to the page