Monday, October 8, 2012

Leapfrog LeapPad Review


Mommy's Honeybun was given one as a gift. I was so excited because I am into learning toys. When I open the box, I was highly disappointed. This toy doesn't live up to all the hype, instead it was the biggest headache and money pit!!! First of all it runs off of batteries, This was proving to be very problematic and expensive. I was constantly replacing the batteries . And every time I did, my child would get no more than 2-3 hours of playtime and the batteries are dead again. So, I bought the ac adapter thinking that would solve the problem. Well, my honeybun don't do well sitting in a corner of the room close to a plug (because the cord is not very long), and every time it comes unplugged, its dead again. So I also invested in the car adapter, which is also a very short cord that comes unplugged all the time, and is very frustrating to my child. Not only that, each game is $24.99. Are you kidding me? The case was also $24 which was not included.Someone mentioned getting rechargeable batteries, and you can have a back-up set charging at all times so you never run out. But we all know rechargeable batteries last about half the time of regular batteries, so I would be changing batteries non-stop, which I feel like am already doing. And because it is dead pretty much always, my honeybun have never really played it long enough to really get into it or enjoy it. My honeybun went back to playing with the iPad. With all the money I spent in buying games , And batteries I realized what a good investment the iPad really was. Games on the iPad are .99-$5 and that's for the really good ones. And the biggest bonus of all is that you can charge it and the charge normally last us all day!!!!


*Disclaimer* this is my own personal opinion and I was not paid by the company to review this product

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are sent to the blog owner and awaits approval before publishing to the page