Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving Homeschooling Lessons



We have been preparing for Thanksgiving during our homeschooling time, learning about the first thanksgiving and why we celebrate the day. As well as listing things we are thankful for. Our lessons this month included worksheets and crafts with thanksgiving themes. We even had a special thanksgiving snack with the help of Pinterest. 

First stop was the local library and book store to get a stash of books. Story times for us this month included books that dealt with our, theme of Thanksgiving. 



I believe having a Thankful Tree will become apart of our family's tradition. I think each year we will make one. For those of you unfamiliar with a thankful tree, it's simple. You make a tree and list all the things you are thankful for on it. I want to keep a scrapbook of all our thankful trees so we can look back over the years at the things we were thankful for. 



Thanksgiving Day crafts which I must admit, I will probably have the kiddos making these every year until I am old and gray. I have truly enjoyed this. It's fun now that they are older and we can do more.



But if you let the kiddos tell you, I am sure the candy turkeys were their favorite 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are sent to the blog owner and awaits approval before publishing to the page