Sunday, August 19, 2012

iPad the best learning tool to give your child

It amazes me how the times have changed, when I was growing up the best educational thing that you could have in your house was a speak and spell, then it was a set of encyclopedias, then it was the home computer. I remember when windows 95 came out and we had got Compton's interactive encyclopedia. School work was super easy for me after that. Then came the Internet and no longer having to go to the library because I had information right at my fingertips. Well times they are a changing (boy I sound like my grandmother)

Now it seems that if you want your child to excel in school then it is imperative that you purchase an iPad. I would even go as far as saying purchase one for your toddler/ preschooler or kindergarten . I know what you are thinking, why would I buy such an expensive machine to hand over? Well first of all, you can buy a heavy duty case to protect your investment and sure $499 for your basic 16gb iPad does seem like a lot of money but it is actually cheaper to buy an iPad versus, Leappad , Vtech learning systems, etc.

When you look at it like this: you spend about $99 for a leapfrog Leappad . Then you have to spend like at least $15 for additional cartridges of games and books. Same with the tag reader system and the same with the Vtech systems as well. Now the pros for these systems are that they are toddler / preschool friendly meaning they can handle being drop and bump around. But the cons is that your child can easily out grow them. With the iPad, it's simple , purchase the smallest one on the market and for $499 that will be the iPad 16GB. Or you may find one even cheaper buying used. Once you have your iPad, I suggest putting a tough case on it to protect it from being dropped . I have two cases actually. The fisher price appitivity case , which hides the home button so my love bug can't exit out of apps. And it comes with a shield over the screen to protect from wetness. And an otterbox case.

Okay , the apple store has tons of educational apps, most of which are free. Then the ones you have to pay for run anywhere from $.99 -6.99 (the App store Runs sales All the time And alot of apps let you try before you buy) And the iPad grows with your kids. One of my favorite apps are the ocean house media ones. Their interactive books run anywhere from $1.99-699. (they do have two bundles to where you can get like 5 books for $11.99) And the Dr Suess books always goes on sale 50% off during his birthday for one or two weeks; sorry can't remember which. But anyway , these books teach your kids to read the same way as the leapfrog tag system only you didn't pay $15 for one book. Another reason why I love these books is because they have several wonderful functions. There is an auto play for my luvbug to listen to his favorite story. I can read him the story and turn the pages myself just like a real book, and the best part that makes it just like the tag system is that you can touch each word and it tells you what the word is. Not to mention if my luvbug touches anywhere on the screen , it automatically tells him what the picture is. Now the iPad can do more then just teach your preschooler or toddler how to read but with an iPad you won't have to purchase the your baby can read system because the apple store is full of flash cards that are animated and most of them are free while the rest are just $.99 .

So you don't have a preschooler or a toddler, then I still suggest getting the iPad for your elementary , middle schooler , or high schooler. Because of all the learning apps from science to Algebra. And with the iBooks , nooks, and kindle apps , your child can download all their favorite books to read. And most of the classic books that are required reading for school Are free to download. Just like having a computer in the house was a key for our educational success growing up; so is giving your child an iPad. It's an investment in not only their future but their education as well. The iPad just isn't about fun and games and watching movies and listening to music but a true learning tool, that is interactive. I just love the look on my luvbugs face when he squeals with delight, when he turns on his iPad and goes to his learning games.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Motherhood Community? Our members will appreciate it.
    Members include: Moms, Mommies, Mothers, Motherhood Experts, Etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Motherhood Community: http://www.vorts.com/motherhood/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete

All comments are sent to the blog owner and awaits approval before publishing to the page