Thursday, April 26, 2012

To Have And To Hold

I cringed every time someone tells me or I over hear a person saying: "hey stop holding that baby all time , you are going to spoil them and no one will ever keep that child for you. " Excuse me? Babies are meant to be held and love. And the infant stage pass by so quickly that you better hold them because before you know it, they will soon be toddlers, then preschoolers, then elementary age and then in a blink they will be graduating high school and off to college. oh I get tears just thinking about it. I had one lady tell me, at church that my son who was 14 months at the time is old enough to sit in the pew by himself and not on my lap. My response was very typical for me and outspoken , hence the name of the blog. LOL I simply replied that I will continue to hold my son on my lap cause one day he is going to be too big to sit on my lap so I am enjoying every minute of it now. I tell almost every new mom I meet to hold their baby, cause babies do not stay babies for long. One of my beliefs is that holding / cuddling with your little one is just another form of bonding. And besides babies enjoy being held as much as we enjoy holding them. While we are holding them they feeling warm safe and secure in our arms and so loved. Have you ever notice the extreme joy , happiness , calmness , and all is right with the world feeling you get when holding a baby ? Don't believe me or haven't really given it much thought? Then the next time you are having a bad day , hold a baby, preferably one You know, don't want you getting slapped by an angry mother; and watch how fast your mood changes when holding that precious little one.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! That's why I love wearing my little guy, he's just so much happier!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are sent to the blog owner and awaits approval before publishing to the page